Cook the Puy lentils. Mince the garlic cloves. Finely chop the fresh parsley.
- 1 Heat the 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat and pan-fry the mushrooms, tossing occasionally, until caramelised.
- 2 Add the sofrito mix and oregano, turn down the heat and cook for a further 10 minutes, until the veg softens and becomes lightly caramelised.
- 3 Add the Cook With M&S roasted garlic and mushroom paste and cook for another 5 minutes.
- 4 Add the chopped tomatoes and stock, then simmer for another 20 minutes. Add the lentils and cook until the sauce has reduced and thickened slightly, so you have a rich ragu.
- 5 Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- 6 Meanwhile, add the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil to the pan and, once hot, add the grated garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the breadcrumbs and toast until golden, then stir through the parsley and take off the heat.
- 7 Serve the ragu tumbled through the pasta, topped with the breadcrumbs.
I made this tonight. I have to say I was disappointed. There was very little flavour in the sauce. I used the recipe for two adjusting on the app. It was time consuming to make and I do not think I will make it again.
I have made this a few times and really enjoyed it, it has a lot of flavour! Great meat free alternative.
I made this tonight, and I thought it was very good. We loved using the lentils instead of meat. Didn't miss it. It was a bit more involved than usual, but nothing seemed rushed or fiddly, so I enjoyed the making as well. We definitely added it to our keepers.