Whip the double cream into soft peaks. Separate the eggs and retain the whites. Slice the plums into wedges. Slice the nectarines into wedges.
- 1 Heat the oven to 140°C/275°F/gas 1 (120°C for fan ovens).
- 2 In a large grease-free bowl, whisk the eggs whites to soft peaks.
- 3 Gradually whisk in the caster sugar, 1 tbsp at a time, until you have a smooth stiff meringue.
- 4 Dab a little of the meringue onto corners of a baking sheet and line with baking paper.
- 5 Spread the meringue onto the paper in one 23cm circle per pavlova being made, with a dip in the centre, then use a spoon to create peaks and hollows around the edges for texture.
- 6 Bake for 1 hour, until crisp on the outside but soft in the centre. Turn off the oven and leave the meringue inside to cool with the door open. Move on to the next step while you wait for the meringue to cool.
- 7 Meanwhile, put the juice in a pan with 1.5 tbsp sugar per pavlova being made and stir over a low heat until the sugar dissolves.
- 8 Simmer until reduced by two thirds, then pour into a small bowl to cool.
- 9 To serve, spoon the cream onto the middle of the meringue, arrange the fruit on top and drizzle with the syrup.
It was great !
Perfect meringue! And not as hard to make as it says.
- Average per serving
- Calories 270.0kCal