Peel and chop the cucumber. Chop the medium red onions. Deseed and chop the tomatoes. Tear the pitta breads into chunks. Tear a few of the basil leaves into strips.
- 1 Put the cucumber, onion, tomatoes and pitta bread into a bowl.
- 2 Whisk 1 tbsp vinegar with salt, pepper and the sugar, then gradually whisk in 4 tbsp oil.
- 3 Toss the dressing through the salad, together with the basil strips, then cover and leave for at least 2 hours.
- 4 Sprinkle over the whole basil leaves to serve.
- 5 You can add a touch more vinegar or oil if you think it needs it, but the texture shouldn’t be soggy. Serve on its own or with barbecued chicken.
- Average per serving
- Calories 265.0kCal