Crush the garlic cloves. Roughly chop the ripe plum tomatoes. Thinly slice the fennel bulbs. Juice (to taste) the lemons.
- 1 With a small knife, score a 1cm border inside each aubergine half.
- 2 Scoop out the flesh with a teaspoon.
- 3 Roughly chop the flesh and set aside.
- 4 On a baking tray, drizzle the aubergine shells with the olive oil and season.
- 5 Roast in the oven for 20 mins or until just soft.
- 6 Meanwhile, in a bowl mix together the aubergine flesh with the garlic, tomatoes and grains.
- 7 Season, remembering that the cheese will add salt.
- 8 Fill the roasted shells with the aubergine filling and dot the cheese on top.
- 9 Roast in the oven for 6 – 8 mins, or until the cheese starts to melt.
- 10 Dress the watercress and fennel with a squeeze of lemon juice and cracked black pepper.
- 11 Serve with the aubergine.
Very tasty with a feta
- Average per serving
- Calories 418.0kCal