Halve and stone the ripe plums. Separate the eggs. Leave some for greasing, melt the salted butter.
- 1 Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
- 2 Put the plums in an ovenproof dish, cut-side up.
- 3 Drizzle with syrup, add 60ml water and dot the fruit with butter.
- 4 Roast for 15 minutes, or until the plums are soft and caramelised, but keep their shape.
- 5 Cook the bacon in the oven for 7-8 minutes, until crisp.
- 6 Whisk the egg whites in a large bowl until stiff peaks form.
- 7 In a second bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
- 8 In a jug, mix the melted butter with the egg yolks, syrup, milk, yogurt and vanilla extract.
- 9 Gradually pour this into the flour mixture, mixing until smooth and thick.
- 10 Gently fold in the stiff egg whites with a large, metal spoon.
- 11 Make the waffles in a waffle iron.
- 12 Alternatively, make pancakes in a large, greased frying pan, adding small ladles of batter with room for it to spread.
- 13 Turn after 1-2 minutes.
- 14 Serve the waffles or pancakes layered with the bacon and topped with the plums and a drizzle of syrup.
- Average per serving
- Calories 620.0kCal