Halve any particularly large Jersey Royal potatoes. Zest and juice the lemons. Peel the garlic cloves. Drain and finely chop the anchovy fillets. Drain and finely chop the cocktail gherkins. Chop the fresh parsley. Chop the fresh basil.
For the Fish and Potato Crush
For the Dressing
And the rest...
- 1 Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 10-12 minutes until tender then drain and set aside. Move on to the next step while you wait.
- 2 Meanwhile, make the dressing. Put the garlic and salt in a pestle and mortar. Crush to a smooth paste then transfer to a small bowl.
- 3 Stir in the anchovies, mustard, gherkins, parsley and basil, then whisk in the olive oil, lemon rind and juice. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- 4 For the fish, heat the olive oil in a large, non-stick frying pan and add the fish, skin-side down. Cook for 2 minutes.
- 5 Flip over and continue for 2 minutes more until cooked through. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- 6 Return the potatoes to the pan. Roughly crush with a fork and fold through half the dressing.
- 7 Place a sea bass fillet on each serving plate and spoon the potatoes alongside.
- 8 Drizzle over the remaining dressing and serve with rocket leaves.
- Average per serving
- Calories 320.0kCal