Juice the large oranges. Lightly crush the meringue nests.
- 1 Line one 10 x 23cm loaf tin per semifreddo being made with non-stick baking paper.
- 2 Put the eggs, yolks, vanilla and sugar in a large glass or metal bowl, set over a pan of simmering water. Whisk for 5 minutes until frothy.
- 3 Place the bowl in a shallow bowl of ice-water and beat with an electric mixer until it’s at room temperature.
- 4 Crush three-quarters of the raspberries with a potato masher and combine with the orange juice.
- 5 Fold through the egg mixture and set aside.
- 6 Whip the double cream to soft peaks.
- 7 Fold through the egg mixture and add the crushed meringue.
- 8 Pour into the tin, cover with baking paper and freeze for 5 hours.
- 9 Mash the remaining raspberries with 2 tbsp sugar per semifreddo being made. Press through a sieve to make a purée and refrigerate until needed.
- 10 Remove the semifreddo from the tin and peel off the baking paper. Top with the purée and raspberries, before serving in thick slices.
- Average per serving
- Calories 430.0kCal