Chop the large garlic cloves. Strip the leaves from the rosemary. Defrost the frozen puff pastry sheets.
- 1 Heat the oven to 220°C/425°F/gas 7 (200°C for fan ovens).
- 2 Put the shallots in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to stand for 5 minutes, then drain and refresh under cold running water.
- 3 Peel the shallots with a sharp knife and set aside.
- 4 Melt the butter in a 28cm ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat. Add the shallots and cook for 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned, then add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- 5 Tip in the sugar and stir over a gentle heat until dissolved.
- 6 Pour in the brandy, allow to bubble for a few seconds, then scatter over the rosemary leaves and remove from the heat.
- 7 Roll out the pastry to a circle 2cm larger than the frying pan, then lay it over the shallots, tucking under the edges.
- 8 Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the pastry is risen and golden.
- 9 Once cooked, place a large plate over the frying pan and carefully invert it to turn out the tart. Cut into wedges and serve with a crisp green salad.
- Average per serving
- Calories 385.0kCal