Very finely chop the garlic cloves. Toast the white pitta. Chop the fresh flat-leaf parsley.
- 1 Put the spice into a bowl. Cut each lamb leg steak into 6 pieces. Toss in the spice, cover and chill for 20 minutes. Move on to the next steps while you wait.
- 2 Preheat the grill to a high heat. Grill the whole aubergine turning occasionally, for 10-15 minutes until the skin is charred. Place in a sealed plastic bag and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- 3 To make the baba ganoush, peel the skin from the aubergine and discard. Put the flesh in a bowl and mash well with a fork.
- 4 Heat ⅔ of the oil in a small saucepan and add the garlic, cumin and sesame seeds. Cook over a gentle heat for 2 minutes.
- 5 Fold into the aubergine with the lemon juice, parsley and yogurt.
- 6 Thread the lamb onto skewers, threading 3 pieces per skewer. Brush with the remaining oil and grill for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally.
- 7 Sprinkle with a few sesame seeds and serve with the baba ganoush and toasted pitta bread.
- Average per serving
- Calories 362.0kCal