Chop the red onions. Peel, deseed and cut the butternut squash into chunks. Peel and chop the large carrots. Peel and chop the parsnip.
- 1 Heat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas 5 (170°C for fan ovens).
- 2 Put the onion, spice blend, butternut squash, carrots and parsnips on a non-stick baking tray.
- 3 Drizzle with the oil and roast in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until tender, stirring halfway.
- 4 Put the roasted vegetables in a large saucepan with a little of the stock, and whizz with a hand blender until smooth.
- 5 Add the remaining stock and gently heat, stirring, until just before boiling.
- 6 Remove from the heat. Create the spider's web effect by using a piping bag to pipe a spiral of the cream on to the surface of the soup, then feather it with a cocktail stick drawn from the centre outwards at intervals.
- 7 Serve garnished with the harissa.
- Average per serving
- Calories 290.0kCal