Finely chop the onions. Grate the garlic cloves. Crush the fennel seeds. Cut the M&S Scottish salmon fillets into 1cm cubes. Pod the M&S Select Farms new-season peas.
- 1 Bring a pan of water to boil, then add a generous pinch of salt. Add the farfalle to the water and cook for 8-10 minutes, until al dente.
- 2 Meanwhile, in a large pan heat the olive oil then add onion, garlic, fennel seeds and chilli flakes. Cook for 5 minutes until the onion is soft and translucent.
- 3 Turn up the heat, add the salmon, and cook for another minute or so, allowing the fish to caramelise a little.
- 4 Add the crème fraîche to the pan along with 5 tablespoons of the pasta cooking water. Add the peas to the sauce and cook for 2 minutes.
- 5 Drain the pasta, reserving a little cooking liquid, and add to the sauce along with a pinch of salt and pepper and the lemon zest and juice. Toss everything together, adding a little more pasta water to get the consistency you like. Serve.
Cooked up with slightly more garlic and chilli and it was wonderful. Ok if you eat it right away or better if you chill it for lunch (the flavour has time to set in)