Halve the garlic cloves.
- 1 Roast the garlic in a tin, drizzled in olive oil, for 30 minutes. (This can be done when cooking the lamb the gravy is being made to accompany.)
- 2 Put the meat juices into a tin (if they're not already) and remove any excess fat.
- 3 Mash up the roasted garlic cloves and stir into the juices.
- 4 Place the tin over direct heat, add the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- 5 Add the red wine and reduce by half.
- 6 Pour over the lamb or beef stock and simmer for 5-10 minutes until thickened slightly. Season to taste and pour into a jug to serve.