Beat the eggs. Zest half of the lemons, and cut the remainder into wedges. Whizz the white bread into breadcrumbs. Drain the tinned tuna chunks in spring water. Finely slice the salad onions.
- 1 Put the salad onions, lemon zest and tuna in a large bowl and roughly flake the tuna with a fork.
- 2 Add the mashed potatoes, season, then mix together with your hands.
- 3 Divide the mixture so that there are 2 portions per serving being made, and shape into fishcakes.
- 4 Dust each one in the flour, then dip in the egg followed by breadcrumbs to coat.
- 5 Heat half of the oil in a frying pan and cook half of the fishcakes for 3-4 minutes each side, until golden.
- 6 Heat the remaining oil and repeat with the remaining fishcakes.
- 7 Serve with lemon wedges.
I tried this recipe swapping the tuna for a white fish meat as tuna is a little overpowering for me. End product was a delight and perfect for a mid week comfort food treat. It did take a bit longer to prepare but was worth the time investment
Amazing!! A must try.
I love these fish cakes, although I make them with tinned red salmon, having tried them with tuna and fresh salmon.....I usually make double quantities and freeze half...lovely!
Husband and children loved them. Will def make again for a mid week meal.
They were ok. Bit bland. Next time I would probably make Thai ones with chilli and lemongrass and lots of garlic and herbs. Also the filling was quite mushy inside even after cooking. After frying them I finished cooking them in a hot oven to crisp them up even more. Served them on a rocket salad with rice and hot chilli sauce.
Really enjoyed these fish cakes! I added red chilli and some extra seasoning. Delicious!
Very tasty but I put crushed garlic and chopped red chilli in my fish cakes, will make these again defo.
Great weekend lunch!
Poppadom Pie Girl
To be honest these were too bland
Very tasteful and so easy to create
These fish cakes were nice but lacking in flavour. After reading some of the reviews, saying they were bland, I used two lemons instead of one, which helped. Would make them again only this time I would use smoked mackerel. Definitely needs a stronger fish.
Super nice and very easy to make. I added some fresh thyme for flavour.
- Average per serving
- Calories 325.0kCal