Remove the seeds and stalk from the red peppers. Halve the red chillis and, if you wish, remove the seeds. Remove the crusts from the white bread. Halve the vine-ripened Rosa tomatoes.
- 1 Heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6 (180°C for fan ovens).
- 2 Put the pepper in a small roasting tin, skin-side up, drizzle with one-quarter of the oil and cook for 15 minutes.
- 3 Add the tomato, garlic and chilli to the tin and roast for a further 20 minutes until softened. Move on to the next steps while you wait.
- 4 Meanwhile, put the almonds in a small pan and dry fry until lightly golden.
- 5 Toast the bread and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- 6 Once the roasted vegetables are cool enough to handle, remove the skin from the pepper and tomato halves, and discard the garlic skin.
- 7 Put the vegetables, almonds, bread, paprika and vinegar in a blender and whizz to a paste.
- 8 Add the remaining oil and blend again.
- 9 Griddle the tuna to your liking and serve with the romesco sauce, rosemary potatoes and steamed green beans.
- Average per serving
- Calories 750.0kCal