Slice the onions. Mince the garlic cloves. Dice the butternut squash and sweet potato. Drain the butter beans.
- 1 Preheat oven to 190C.
- 2 Heat up olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- 3 Add the meatballs and cook, turning regularly, until browned all over (will take 5-7 mins).
- 4 Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a paper towel lined plate; reserve the fat in the frying pan.
- 5 Add the onion and garlic to the fat in the frying pan, over medium heat (with an extra splash of oil if needed).
- 6 Fry gently, stirring, until the onion is translucent.
- 7 Add the butternut squash and sweet potato to the pan, along with the tomato puree.
- 8 Fry altogether, stirring, for 3-4 mins – or until the vegetables are just starting to soften and caramelise.
- 9 Transfer the vegetable mix to a casserole dish, along with the meatballs.
- 10 Add the water and lemon zest, season with salt and pepper, and stir gently to combine.
- 11 Cover with a lid or foil, and place in the oven.
- 12 Cook for 45 mins, then remove dish from the oven.
- 13 Add the drained butter beans to the mix, stir gently to combine and return the dish to the oven – this time without a lid/cover.
- 14 Cook uncovered for a further 15-20 mins, or until the sauce has reduced and the top has a nice glaze.
- 15 Remove from the oven. Serve hot.
Just ok, made it twice and a bit bland just
- Average per serving
- Calories 888.0kCal