Cut the red onions into thin wedges. Cut the wholemeal bagels in half horizontally. Lightly beat the eggs. Halve the vine tomatoes.
- 1 Heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6 (180°C for fan ovens).
- 2 Put the tomatoes and onion in a roasting tin, drizzle over the olive oil and vinegar, then toss together so that the tomatoes are cut-side up.
- 3 Sprinkle with thyme and season well. Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes until tender then keep warm.
- 4 Heat the grill to high, then grill the bacon for 3-4 minutes, turning halfway, until crisp.
- 5 Remove, then toast the bagels until golden.
- 6 Spread the bagels with half the butter and keep warm.
- 7 Whisk together the eggs and milk; season well.
- 8 Heat the remaining butter in a non-stick pan over a medium-to-low heat. When it’s sizzling (but not turning brown), pour in the eggs and leave for 30 seconds.
- 9 Using a wooden spoon, stir the eggs briefly, leave to cook again, then stir occasionally until just set. Remove from the heat.
- 10 Serve each bagel with a spoonful of scrambled eggs, a few roasted tomatoes and onions, plus two slices of crispy bacon.
- Average per serving
- Calories 510.0kCal