Chop the onions. Thinly slice the garlic cloves. Shred the Savoy cabbage. Drain the cannellini beans. Grate the mature Cheddar.
- 1 Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the chopped onion and cook over a medium heat for 3-5 minutes, until softened.
- 2 Add the cabbage and garlic and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- 3 Pour in the wine, stir in the thyme and simmer for 1 minute.
- 4 Add the tomatoes and stock and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 minutes, then stir in the beans.
- 5 Season and simmer for a further 2 minutes. Cover and set aside.
- 6 Heat the grill to high.
- 7 Arrange the baguette slices on a baking tray. Toast under the grill on one side, then turn over and top the untoasted side with the cheese.
- 8 Return to the grill for 2-3 minutes, until the cheese is golden and bubbling.
- 9 Ladle the soup into bowls and serve with the cheesy toasts.
This was absolutely delicious,easy to make nourishing and tasty. I didn’t add wine and used 1 teaspoon of dried thyme and substituted spring cabbage, which I had to hand. It will definitely become a regular go to recipe.
- Average per serving
- Calories 315.0kCal